Age of Rivals is a game created by Roboto Games. Developed in Flash, it was first launched on December 21, 2016 on the game site, Kongregate as Free-to-play with in-app purchases. It was later launched on March 14, 2017 on the game platform, Steam with a price tag of $9.99 US with no in-app purchases. It is scheduled to launch for iOS/Android platforms in mid 2017.
2 player competitive civilization-building in a 10 minute card game.
Choose from hundreds of cards ranging from great pyramids and war elephants to sneaky spies and crafty merchants. Perfectly balance your city’s culture, military and economy to outwit your opponent and win!
- Play as 12 unique characters
- Unlock over 200 cards
- Ranked public matchmaking
- Private friend matches
- Alliances with other players
- Daily missions
All the mechanical depth of a great strategy boardgame, but:
- Quick to play - no setup/cleanup, simultaneous turns
- Designed to fit on a single screen, large or small
- Designed for 2 players
All the tactical depth and replayability of a CCG, but:
- No deckbuilding required - design your strategy as you go
- Maximum variability - any card may show up in any game
- Streamlined interactions - clear choices with clear results
Version Differences Edit
Web Edition Edit
- Free-to-play with in-app purchases.
- Card Packs can be purchased with in-game currency or using Kong Kreds for money
- Duplicates of cards may appear in the packs bought either way.
- Single cards can be unlocked using Science acquired from duplicates
- Mission slots are replenished only once every 12 hours.
- Campaign parts must be unlocked with in-game currency or using Kong Kreds. Full campaign unlocks with Kreds only.
- Unlocking Rivals card slots require more cards to unlock (17 total each rival).
- Fixed resolution within the browser with low-res art and low FPS.
- Live chat via Kongregrate
- Purchasable for $9.99US.
- Card Packs are only purchasable with in-game currency.
- No duplicates in Card packs except for rivals (until all slots unlocked)
- Mission slots, once completed, are immediately reassigned.
- Larger gold rewards from player and Hard AI wins.
- Challenge levels are included.
- Unlocking rivals card slots require less cards to unlock (8 total each rival).
- Plays full screen or windowed, at any resolution with HD art and average 60 FPS